Saturday 26 October 2019

An air flight of Life time experience 2015


All photos are owned
All label done by self
date of flight 24th July, 2015




I am Civil Engineer by Profession and trekking is my hobby from very young age. Pakistan is situated in terrain where great ‘Himalayas’, ‘Karakorum’ and Hindukush ranges meet. Pakistan has more than a hundred peaks that are above 7,000 meters. Out of the world's 14 highest peaks, four are in Pakistan.

Trekking of Concordia and K2 Base camp considered as a dream of every trekker of the world. In 2015, doing that trek was my biggest dream as well. This trek requires minimum of eighteen days.

However, the biggest hurdle in fulfilling that dream was my job. I worked at that time in private construction sector and getting eighteen days leave from job is somewhat impossible.

Well denying all these equation of impossibilities, I gave resignation from my job and left for K2 base camp trek on 24th July, 2015. For K2 base camp one has to reach Skardu first.  I decided to take air flight from Islamabad to reach Skardu. That was a 45 minute flight. I did not have any idea that flight going to be most amazing and best fights of my life along the Karakorum’s. The thrill of viewing some of the world’s tallest mountain peaks, along with some of the picturesque valleys, dales, lakes and glaciers from the comfort of your aero plane seat is a novel, and at the same time a highly stimulating experience, the memory of which lingers long after the flight is over.

Soon after takeoff from Islamabad, the plane flies directly over the enchanting Northern Areas of Pakistan. I am blessed to  see Saifulmalook, Naran, Lulosar Lake, Toshi Ri(Sarwali Peak) mighty Nanga Parbat, Laila Peak, Seiri Dorkush, Kampire e Dior, Rakaposhi, Batura I,II,III,IV,V,VI, Sang e Marmar, Passu Sar, Diran, Shispare Sar, Ultar sar, Miar Chhish, Shispare sar, Ultar sar, Lupghar sar, Momhil sar, Trivor sar, Malubiting, khunyang Chhish, Spantik, Haramosh, laila Peak, Mlangutti sar, Bularunsar, KCH E, Disteghal Sar, Yazghil sar, Kunyang Chhish, Pumari Chhish, Yukshin Garden sar, Yutmaru sar, Hisper Sar, Glotter Peak, Kanjut Sar, Kapaltang Kun, Gloster sar, Lukpe Lawa, Broad Tower, Baintha Brak, Latok, Crown Peak, Skamri Peak, Chongtar, skyang kangri, Biale, K2, Skil Brum, Muztagh Tower, Praqpa Ri, PayoPeak, Broad Peak, Gasherbrum I,II,III,IV, Thyor, Summa Ri, Koser Gunge, Choricho, Marble Peak,Mango gusor,  Yermanendu, Masherbrum, Mandu Peak, Chogolisa all I see in one single flight. I was spell bound and that was the memory that I keep with myself rest of my life.
Also, I feel myself very lucky and consider it as a reward from Almighty.  

The majestic Nanga Parbat (8,125m), the beautiful Rakaposhi (7,788m) and above all, the spectacular K-2 (the second highest peak in the world) towering above all others at 8,611 meters, leaving you simply mesmerized.

I also took photograph of all these great mountains and lakes from plane. The second and interesting part of my story was that, when I reached back to home it took me almost a year to exactly label these mountains with altitude on my photographs. I must mentions I followed various aerial photographs and surveys of great Karakorum for my reference. 





















INDUS RIVER AT SKARDU


Also, besides providing some thrills and chills is, undoubtedly, a wonder that motivates you to a better understanding of the lure and charm that has seduced mountaineers to take on the perilous task of conquering these giants of nature, since time immemorial. A close visual, though intangible, contact with the manifestations of nature is a mystical experience that transcends one from the peripheral to the spiritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment